3-month old for pyloromyotomy: The patient has pyloric stenosis.
1. What metabolic derangements are expected?
2. How would you treat these?
3. What are your goals for therapy?
4. How would you induce anesthesia?
Following a dose of cefazolin, an anesthetized patient develops diffuse erythema, wheezing, and hypotension.
1. What is your differential diagnosis?
2. What is your treatment plan?
Electrical safety in the operating room
As you begin induction of anesthesia, the ground fault alarm sounds and the red light goes on.
1. What do you do?
2. Should induction be halted until the problem is rectified?