Pre-eclampsia: anesthesia for delivery
1. Do you prefer general, spinal, or epidural? Explain your rationale.
2. The blood pressure is 180/120 mmHg and the mother is receiving magnesium sulfate infusion. Does this alter your anesthetic choice? Explain.
3. What are the effects of magnesium sulfate?
4. Would you continue the magnesium during delivery? Explain.
5. Would you continue the magnesium after delivery? Explain.
1. Is anesthesia necessary for cystoscopy? Explain.
2. What are alternatives to general anesthesia?
3. What is autonomic hyperreflexia?
4. Is anesthesia necessary for skin grafting from the thigh to the buttock? Explain.
5. What are the afferent pathways from the skin?
Anesthesia for electroshock
1. How do you manage a patient with inoperable coronary artery disease?
2. What anesthesia technique would you use?
3. How would you prevent and control increases in heart rate and blood pressure?