Management of a burned patient
You are called to the emergency room to evaluate a patient burned on the arms, chest, and face.
1. What are indications and timing for intubation?
2. How would you manage fluid therapy?
Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
A 40-year old male is status post gunshot wound to the left lower extremity. He has pain and trophic skin changes of the left foot.
1. What is your treatment?
2. How do you evaluate the success of a lumbar sympathetic block?
Management of massive transfusion
1. What are the complications of massive transfusions?
2. How can you avoid them?
3. What are the dangers of hyperkalemia?
4. What are the dangers of hypothermia?