Post-tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy bleeding
A 5-year old status post tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy returned for emergency surgery secondary to bleeding. He was intubated post-operatively, but now accidentally extubated himself.
1. What is your management of his airway?
2. How would you induce this patient?
3. Blood is suctioned from the endotracheal tube you just placed. What is the prognosis?
4. What is the treatment?
A patient for electroconvulsive treatment has known coronary artery disease.
1. How do prevent and control increases in blood pressure and pulse rate?
2. What monitors will you use?
1. Do you prefer a Jackson-Rees or a semi-closed circuit for a neonate?
2. Can a semi-closed system be safely used in a newborn? Explain.