|1. Draw a table comparing the physical and pharmacological characteristics of enflurane and isoflurane.
2. How does sevoflurane compare pharmacologically with enflurane and isoflurane?
- What are the approximate values for boiling point and solubility coefficient for sevoflurane ?
- Describe the effects of sevoflurane on the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, its irritant properties and its effects on intracranial pressure.
3. What is the significance of the blood/gas solubility coefficient and the oil/gas solubility coefficient?
4. What is meant by the term “sympathomimetic amines”?
- Discuss endogenous and exogenous chemicals, and their sites of action and effects.
- Discuss alpha and beta adrenoceptors, where they are found and how they function.
- Where are endogenous sympathetic amines produced?
- How and where is tyrosine produced?
- What are the differences between adrenaline and noradrenaline?
- Name some exogenous amines.