1. Draw the plasma concentration/time curves for intravenous, intramuscular and orally administered drugs.
2. What is bioavailability?
- How is it calculated?
- What affects bioavailability?
- How is bioavailability affected by rectal and sublingual absorption?
3. Compare the physical properties of two intravenous anaesthetic agents of your choice and discuss how these properties affect the actions of these agents.
4. Discuss the mechanism of action of anti-emetics.
- Where do they act?
- Which drugs do we use?
- When might you not use each of the examples?