| You are in Home >> Exams >> Primary FRCA >> OSCE and SOE
Primary OSCE 61
You are asked to compare two sets of data regarding the mean, mode and confidence interval.
You are shown a paced ECG trace.
- Is atrial activity present?
- Comment on the width of the QRS complex. What underlying disease is present?
3. Data interpretation
You are shown an expiratory flow curve indicating airway obstruction.
- Is the obstruction extrathoracic?
- Is spinal anaesthesia advisable?
- Is the functional residual capacity increased?
4. Chest X-ray
A patient has a history of laryngeal tumour, and has experienced a change in his voice. The X-ray shows elevation of the right diaphragm.
- What does this indicate?
- Would you perform rapid sequence induction?
- Is the patient safe in the right lateral position postoperatively?
- Is there intrathoracic gut?
Describe the anatomy of the larynx.
- Describe the nerve supply to the muscles and mucosa.
- Which muscles elevate thyroid cartilage?
- Which muscles open the vocal cords?
Demonstrate how you would perform cricoid pressure.
- How much force do you use?
- When should this technique be used and when is it contraindicated?
You are shown a Clark electrode and a fuel cell; how can you distinguish between them?
- Which reaction takes place at the Ag/AgCl anode?
- What voltage is applied across the Clark electrode?
8. History taking
Take a history from a woman presenting for elective hysterectomy. She has anaemia, and says she is tired all the time.
9. History taking
Take a history from a woman presenting for partial thyroidectomy. She has hyperthyroidism, and is on propanolol and carbimazole. She is fit and well, but has several allergies.
10. Simulator manikin
A 25-year-old male has presented with a fractured femur. You are asked to help a novice SHO who has just performed a rapid sequence induction in the anaesthetic room. The patient is hypotensive, tachycardic, and his O2 saturation and end-tidal CO2 are decreasing.
Discuss how you would recognise and treat supraventricular tachycardia according to the standard algorithm.
Discuss the anatomy of the heart
- Describe the arterial supply to the heart. You are asked to identify arteries on an angiogram, and discuss the areas they supply and the implications of blockage.
- Where is the atrioventricular node located?
- Describe the sympathetic and parasympathetic nerve supply. Describe the route of the vagal nerve. Name the nuclei of the vagus nerve.
How would you set up an arterial line? What are the possible faults that can arose during set-up?
A dural tap has occurred during an epidural for labour. The patient has a severe headache. Talk to her.
You are asked to resuscitate a patient with a head injury. Check for a stiff neck, the Glasgow coma scale score, pupils, AVPU (alert, verbal, painful, unresponsive).
To view or add comments you must be a registered user and login
HugeDomains.com - AnesthesiaUsa.com is for sale (Anesthesia Usa)
AnesthesiaUsa.com is for sale
Buy Now: $2095 SAVE $100 today: $1995 OR
- Take Immediate ownership
- Transfer the domain to the Registrar of your choosing
Finance This Domain: $2095 12 monthly payments of $175
- 12 monthly payments, only $174.58 per month
- Start using the domain today See details
Talk to a domain expert: 1-303-893-0552
Hurry - once it's sold this opportunity will be gone!
Besides being memorable, .com domains are unique: This is the one and only .com name of it's kind. Other extensions usually just drive traffic to their .com counterparts. To learn more about premium .com domain valuations, watch the video below:
Turbocharge your Web site. Watch our video to learn how.
Improves Your Web Presence
Get noticed online with a great domain name
73% of all domains registered on the Web are .coms. The reason is simple: .com is the where most of Web traffic happens. Owning a premium .com gives you great benefits including better SEO, name recognition, and providing your site with a sense of authority.
Here's What Others Are Saying
Since 2005, we've helped thousands of people get the perfect domain name
- Simply great - Ikram Bhuiyan, WomenzWorld.com, 3/26/2017
- Great purchase, it was nice and smooth, all question answered before the purchase, and can't complain about their service one bit! - Fabricio Emmanuelli, TheBooties.com, 3/23/2017
- Hugedomains was adequately responsive. My transaction was fast and smooth. The dashboard is easy to understand. Everything went without a glitch. Thank you. - Alex N., HelpAHand.com, 3/21/2017
- More testimonials
Own this domain today
|Our Price: $1,995 (USD)|
Speak with a domain specialist!
Call us: 1-303-893-0552 M-F 9am - 5pm MST
Other Domains You Might Like
© 2017 HugeDomains.com. All rights reserved.