|1. How would you measure blood pressure on the ward?
- Describe the device for indirect non-invasive automatic mean arterial pressure (DINAMAP).
- You are shown a woman; what size cuff should be used for her and why?
2. You are shown a photograph of various types of needles and asked to identify them and describe their uses.
- What types of needle are used for spinal anaesthesia and epidural regional block?
3. Define pH.
- Draw a graph of pH and hydrogen ion concentration.
- How is hydrogen ion concentration measured in a blood gas machine?
- You are shown a photograph of a pH electrode and asked questions about it.