|1. What is the Fick principle?
2. How would you calculate the blood flow to various organs (brain, lung, liver, kidney)?
3. How is cardiac output measured?
4. What is thermodilution?
5. Describe the blood supply to the spinal cord, and techniques of spinal protection.
6. What is the effect of renal failure on all the commonly used anaesthetic drugs (induction agents, opioids, local anaesthetics, neuromuscular blocking drugs, anti-emetics)?
7. What are the causes of critical illness neuropathy?
- Discuss the pathology, significance, diagnosis.
8. What is an EMG?
- How is it performed?