|1. What is the alveolar gas equation?
- What is the effect of breathing 100% O2 on this equation?
2. What is the oxyhaemoglobin dissociation curve?
- Where are the arterial venous and alveolar points on this curve?
3. What is the definition of a hormone?
- Describe the different types of hormones.
- How do they work and how rapidly?
4. Discuss the autoregulation of cerebral blood flow (CBF).
- - What are the effects of CO2/hypoxia on CBF?
- What are the effects of a rise in intracerebral pressure (ICP) on CBF?
- What are the volumes of the cerebrospinal fluid in the CNS?
- What is the Monroe-Kellie hypothesis?
- What can be done to decrease ICP/maintain CBF?