1. Pulse oximetry
– How does it work?
– Is it fast or slow as a monitor of oxygen saturation?
– What problems are associated with it?
2. You are now shown a graph of light absorption of haemoglobin and oxyhaemoglobin.
– Please comment on this graph, mentioning all the salient features.
You may like to read more about pulse oximetry by clicking here.
– Define relative and absolute humidity.
– What is an appropriate level of humidity for the operating theatre and why?
– How does saturated vapour pressure (SVP) change with altitude and temperature?