| You are in Home >> Exams >> Primary FRCA >> OSCE and SOE
Primary OSCE 1
- Check Arterial line set-up
- Assess faults: (findings: no pressure on bag, 5% dextrose in bag, unable to flush transducer, venous cannula attached, inappropriate tubing)
- Which nerves? Describe the course and distribution of tibial, saphenous, superficial peroneal
- How much LA is needed?
- Toxic dose of lidocaine, prilocaine and bupivacaine?
Jehovah's Witness, Hb 9.2 for total abdominal hysterectomy for menorrhagia, asked to get her to sign consent form for surgery without blood products
- Patient brought up subject of erythropoietin and bypass, outline response
- Urinary catheter with transducer attached for measuring core temperature
- Methods of measuring temperature, difference between thermistor + thermocouple
- Which metals are used in a thermocouple?
- Shown four different graphs of resistance v potential difference: identify graphs for thermistor and thermocouple
Drowning victim, has pulse but not breathing, started to breath after 10 breaths given
- Fill in gaps in asystole protocol
6. Chest X-ray
- 10 T/F questions
7. Data analysis
- Sequential arterial blood gas results and observations for 21 year old with asthma
- 10 T/F questions
- Cranial nerves 3- 12 (normal actor)
i) Antecubital fossa (ACF)
- identify on model biceps tendon, brachial A, radial N
- what is the name of aponeurosis in ACF?
- which vein would you choose for a long line?
- where might a line stick?
- identify positions of radial, ulnar and median nerves
- demonstrate Allen's test
- shown adult and paediatric plates, which is suitable for an adult and why?
- shown picture of a patient connected to diathermy and touching metal pole; is this dangerous? Why?
- discuss cutting and coagulation waveforms
- shown diagram of two circuits, one with isolating transformer; which would you rather be attached to and why?
- why does diathermy not cause ventricular fibrilation?
48 year-old-male for bilateral varicose vein surgery. He is an asthmatic, severe attack in the past precipitated by propranolol for an unknown arrhythmia.
12. Machine check
- Check circle only
- Assess faults (findings: not attached to fresh gas flow, expiratory valve stuck in open position? What would this cause?)
- Spirometry trace of patient for transurethral resection of the prostate, showing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease picture
- 10 T/F questions
40-year-old female for laparoscopic cholecystectomy; no problems found
- Demonstrate use, safe use with intermittent positive pressure ventilation
- How should it be cleaned? (hint: a closer look at the LMA reveals the word “autoclave”!)
- 10 T/F questions on normal distribution / mean / mode / median / SD / SEM / confidence intervals
To view or add comments you must be a registered user and login
HugeDomains.com - AnesthesiaUsa.com is for sale (Anesthesia Usa)
AnesthesiaUsa.com is for sale
Buy Now: $2095 SAVE $100 today: $1995 OR
- Take Immediate ownership
- Transfer the domain to the Registrar of your choosing
Finance This Domain: $2095 12 monthly payments of $175
- 12 monthly payments, only $174.58 per month
- Start using the domain today See details
Talk to a domain expert: 1-303-893-0552
Hurry - once it's sold this opportunity will be gone!
Besides being memorable, .com domains are unique: This is the one and only .com name of it's kind. Other extensions usually just drive traffic to their .com counterparts. To learn more about premium .com domain valuations, watch the video below:
Turbocharge your Web site. Watch our video to learn how.
Improves Your Web Presence
Get noticed online with a great domain name
73% of all domains registered on the Web are .coms. The reason is simple: .com is the where most of Web traffic happens. Owning a premium .com gives you great benefits including better SEO, name recognition, and providing your site with a sense of authority.
Here's What Others Are Saying
Since 2005, we've helped thousands of people get the perfect domain name
- Simply great - Ikram Bhuiyan, WomenzWorld.com, 3/26/2017
- Great purchase, it was nice and smooth, all question answered before the purchase, and can't complain about their service one bit! - Fabricio Emmanuelli, TheBooties.com, 3/23/2017
- Hugedomains was adequately responsive. My transaction was fast and smooth. The dashboard is easy to understand. Everything went without a glitch. Thank you. - Alex N., HelpAHand.com, 3/21/2017
- More testimonials
Own this domain today
|Our Price: $1,995 (USD)|
Speak with a domain specialist!
Call us: 1-303-893-0552 M-F 9am - 5pm MST
Other Domains You Might Like
© 2017 HugeDomains.com. All rights reserved.