You are shown a nerve stimulator.
1. Discuss neuromuscular monitoring (for further reading, access our section on nerve stimulation)
– What is double burst?
– What is train-of-four (TOF)?
2. Can you differentiate between depolarising and non-depolarising agents?
3. What is an amplifier/gain/bandwidth/drift/valve?
4. Discuss the end-tidal CO2 trace with rebreathing.
5. Discuss the Mapleson classification. You may like to access our interactive Mapleson circuit (http://www.anaesthesiauk.com/sectioncontents.aspx?sectionid=149).