A term infant is delivered vaginally and has a 1-minute Apgar score of 2.
1. What is the significance of this score?
2. What do you do?
3. How do you evaluate volume status in the newborn?
Use of evoked responses
1. How can they be employed in the operating room?
2. What is the physiological basis of these responses?
3. What are their limitations to use?
Local anesthetic toxicity
1. How do you assess the putative neurotoxicity of 2-chloroprocaine?
2. What are the relative advantages and disadvantages of this drug?
IV. Increased intracranial pressure
1. How do you make a physical diagnosis?
2. What monitoring methods are available?
3. How does one determine intracranial compliance?
4. How do you anesthesise a patient with a full stomach and increased intracranial pressure after head trauma?
5. Are inhalational anesthetics contraindicated? Why or why not?