Obstetrics- fetal distress
1. What is the significance of late decelerations?
2. What are the mechanisms?
3. Is emergency cesarean section always indicated?
4. Does beat-to-beat variability make the situation more or less ominous?
5. What drugs affect beat-to-beat variability?
6. What is the mechanism?
Management of low back pain
A 35-year old male with chronic low back pain comes to pain clinic. He asks about the efficacy of epidural steroids.
1. What is your response?
2. He asks about alternatives. What is your response?
During general anesthesia for a scleral buckle, the hospital's central oxygen supply fails.
1. What monitors on your anesthesia machine might detect the problem?
2. How would you protect the patient from hypoxic injury?