|1. What are the main classes of local anaesthetics?
- Give examples of each class.
- How do they act?
- What is your favourite local anaesthetic?
- In what form is it present in a vial (i.e. what is its pH and state of ionisation?).
- What happens when you inject a local anaesthetic? (pH and ionisation changes).
- How are local anaesthetics metabolised?
2. What is flow-limited metabolism and what is capacity-limited metabolism?
3. Give examples of drug induction and inhibition.
4. What is etomidate?
- Why is it painful on injection?
- What does an ampule of etomidate contain?
- What are the side-effects of etomidate?