|1. Describe the physical principles behind magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of MRI compared with computed tomography?
- Which patients are not suitable for MRI and why?
- Where is the MRI scanner usually located in the hospital and why?
- What problems are associated with MRI?
2. Define drug tolerance.
- Describe the different ways in which tolerance can occur and give examples.
3. Draw a diagram of the epidural space.
- What is found in this space?
4. Describe the pathophysiology of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA).
- What is the anion gap?
- When would you take a patient to theatre with DKA?