|1. Discuss the pharmacology of thiopentone:
- Draw the concentration-time curve for thiopentone; what can be derived from this?
- Discuss the factors that affect the distribution of thiopentone in various tissues.
- Describe the metabolism of thiopentone.
2. Discuss the physiological mechanisms for nausea and vomiting; include in your discussion the chemoreceptor trigger zone and the vomiting centre.
- Discuss the mechanism of action of antiemetic agents.
- Describe the mechanism giving rise to motion sickness, and discuss its treatment.
3. Discuss the following types of drug interactions: