1. You have given propofol and fentanyl to a patient in the anaesthetic room. You cannot intubate them.
- What will you do?
- You cannot insert a Guedel airway, although the patient’s airway was fine on preoperative assessment. What do you think is happening, and what will you do?
The bag keeps emptying
- Would you paralyse the patient?
- The patient experiences laryngospasm – would do you do?
2. Speak to the mother of a 7-year-old presenting for circumcision about analgesia.
- Which analgesics would you give orally/IV, and at what doses?
- Which blocks would you administer?
- Describe the caudal technique. What dose would you use? What are the complications?