|The GlideScope Cobalt AVL Preterm/Neonatal video laryngoscope instrument provides a consistently clear, real-time view of the airway and tube placement, enabling quick intubation of paediatric patients.
- Designed especially for small airways
- Provides a consistently clear view, enabling quick intubation in unpredictable conditions
- Optimised for demanding PICU, NNU, Theatre and ED settings.
GlideRite® Stylet included – complements the angle of GlideScope video laryngoscopes to facilitate quick intubation
- Digital 6.5 inch colour monitor with DVD-quality resolution and anti-reflective screen
- User interface features intuitive user controls and status icons
- Reusable video baton with digital-resolution camera
- Choice of 4 sizes (GVL 0, GVL 1, GVL 2and GVL 2.5)
- Designed for preterm to small child
- Unique blade angulation
- Advanced resolution output for theatre viewing
- Anti-fogging mechanism resists lens clouding and secretions
- Integrated, real-time recording helps confirm tube placement and facilitate teaching.
- Built-in 4-Step Technique tutorial makes AVL easy to use, learn, and teach
- Ergonomic design and rugged construction for multiple clinical applications
- Monitor has quick release mechanism and hand grip for fast transport to other departments
- Choice of mobile stand or IV pole mount
- Educational training pack
- Full training session for staff - competency framework for ODP's and trainees
Figure 1: Intubation of an infant
Airway views in DVD-clarity and real-time recording captures the details of difficult airway cases. The Cobalt AVL features digital technology, including a redesigned colour monitor. High-quality digital files of intubations are downloadable and viewable on a PC. The records can be valuable for teaching and helping confirm tube placement.
i] A comparison between the GlideScope Video Laryngoscope and direct laryngoscope in paediatric patients with difficult airways - a pilot study. C. Karsli,J. Armstrong and J. John. Anaesthesia, 2010, 65, pages 353–357