|1. Discuss respiratory acidosis, compensatory mechanisms, base excess and standard bicarbonate.
2. Describe the anatomy of the pituitary gland.
- Describe its blood supply
- Describe the mechanism of hormone release
- Explain the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis
- What is the mechanism of action of antidiuretic hormone?
3. What is the resting membrane potential?
- What are its determinants?
- Discuss the permeability to Na+, K+, Ca2+ and Cl-. Why is the membrane more permeable to potassium and not sodium?