|1. Discuss pollution in the operating theatre - why bother with scavenging?
- What is the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health? What level (ppm) of substances are allowable in theatre?
- Discuss ventilation in the operating theatre.
- What is scavenging?
2. Describe how you would perform a deep and a superficial cervical plexus block.
- What are the complications?
3. Name some drugs affecting intracerebral pressure (ICP).
- What effects does desflurane have on the ICP?
- How does mannitol affect ICP? Draw a graph to demonstrate this.
4. Describe the clotting cascade.
- What is the role of role of platelets?
- What is the role of GpIIb/IIIa receptors?
- Name some natural anticoagulants.
- Can you name any new drugs for use in postoperative prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis/pulmonary embolism prophylaxis?