|1. Describe the coronary circulation and draw a diagram.
- Describe the conducting system from the sino-atrial node to the Purkinje fibres.
- What are the causes of the long QT syndrome (LQTS)?
- Describe how you would anaesthetise a patient with LQTS.
- Describe an implantable cardiac defibrillator and diathermy.
2. Discuss the physiology of one-lung ventilation? Discuss shunt, VQ mismatch and hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction.
- Describe the management of intraoperative hypoxia.
3. Discuss the pharmacology of renal failure (include pH, protein binding, atracurium (Hoffman elimination), morphine and platelet dysfunction).
4. Describe Ayres T-piece
- Draw the Jackson–Rees modification.
- Describe the minimum gas flows, qualities and features of the system.
- What are the anatomical differences between the child and adult airway?