|1. Discuss Boyle’s law, its molecular basis and its relevance to anaesthesia.
2. Describe the anatomy of sympathetic nervous system, including a diagram in your answer.
- Discuss stellate ganglion block, and describe how it is performed, its side effects and its complications.
3. Discuss the benefits and pharmacokinetics of patient-controlled analgesia (PCA).
- What are the properties of the ideal PCA pump?
4. Discuss carbon monoxide poisoning and its effects on arterial oxygen tension (PaO2).
- How is PaO2 measured?