|1. Liver anatomy:
- Describe the anatomy of the lobes of the liver.
- Describe the blood supply to the liver.
- What is the portal triad?
- How is liver blood supply regulated?
- How is the liver affected by general anaesthetics?
- What considerations would you give to anaesthetising a jaundiced patient?
2. Stress ulcers on the intensive care unit:
- Why do they occur?
- Which mechanisms are involved?
- How do we prevent them?
- How do the individual drugs work?
- When do we use it?
- What is diathermy?
- How does it work?
- Describe the different types.
- Describe the safety features.
- How does the defibrillator work?