|1. What types of receptors do you know?
2. What is the structure of a G protein?
- How do G proteins work?
- Give an example of a drug whose mechanism of action involves a G protein.
3. What is the structure of the acetylcholine receptor?
4. What is minimal alveolar concentration (MAC)?
5. How would you develop a new inhalational anaesthetic agent?
- How could you determine its MAC?
- How could you compare its MAC with that of other agents?
- What would a graph of anaesthetic agent concentration verses MAC look like for this agent?
6. What is the mechanism of action of heparin?
- What other anticoagulant agents do you know?
- How can the effects of warfarin be reversed?