1. Discuss the cardiac action potential.
2. Discuss the pacemaker action potential.
3. Compare and contrast these action potentials, in terms of ionic changes, the various ion channels and the effect of autonomic innervation on electrical changes.
4. Discuss the autonomic innervation of the heart.
5. Discuss arterial blood gases (with reference to respiratory acidosis).
6. Discuss acid–base balance. What is the Henderson–Hasselbach equation?
7. Discuss how PCO2 affects PO2.
8. What is the alveolar gas equation?
9. What is the respiratory quotient? How does it change in chronic respiratory disease?
10. What are the non-respiratory functions of the lung?