Short case 1
– What is trigeminal neuralgia?
– What treatments can be given?
– Describe the anatomy of trigeminal ganglion block.
– What dose/volume of glycerol should be given?
– How would you perform a microvascular decompression?
Short case 2
A 23 year old female with severe asthma presents for elective nasal polypectomy. She is currently on inhaled and oral steroids and large doses of inhaled salbutamol. You are shown her ECG (shows atrial flutter with 3:1 block).
– Describe the features of the ECG.
– How is the axis calculated?
– Why might the patient be in atrial flutter?
– How do beta-2 agonists work (beyond the G protein level)?
– How would you treat her, and when would you anaesthetise her?
Short case 3
A 25 year old female presents for thymectomy for myasthenia gravis.
1. What is myasthenia gravis?
2. Tell me as much as you know about it
3. How is it diagnosed? (include EMG)
4. What is edrophonium?
5. How does it work?
6. What dose should be used?
7. What are the symptoms?
8. How would you anaesthetise her?