A 13 year old child presents with Guillain Barré syndrome. He has a history of 10 days of malaise, fatigue and weakness.
– What are the treatment options? (discuss plasmaphoresis versus intravenous immunoglobulin)
– You are shown his chest X-ray; describe the features. (discuss pneumomediastinum)
a) A patient with end-stage renal failure presents for interval appendicectomy
– Discuss the management pre-, intra- and postoperatively
b) A patient presents with a C2 fracture/dislocation.
– Discuss the anaesthetic management for the repair of acute cervical fracture.
c) A patient with a 1-month history of anaphylaxis during general anaesthesia now presents for an evacuation of retained products of conception procedure (ERPC).
– Discuss the anaesthetic management of this patient.
– Discuss the investigations for anaphylaxis postoperatively.