You are asked to anaesthetise a fit 3 year old boy for a circumcision as a day case.
1. Is this an appropriate patient for day case surgery?
2. Would you anaesthetise a 1 year old child as a day case?
3. What is your lower cut-off age for day case surgery?
4. What premedication would you give?
5. What anaesthetic would you give and why?
6. How would you administer analgesia?
7. How exactly would you perform the local block that you have chosen?
8. How would you anaesthetise this 3 year old child for a circumcision?
9. Under what circumstances would you consider deferring the operation?
10. What kinds of regional blocks might you consider?
11. How would you perform a penile block/caudal?
12. What would be your choice of local anaesthetic and how much would you use?
13. What postoperative analgesia would you prescribe, and at what dose?